Thursday, January 1, 2009

Steam Sale: Second Pass


Just when I thought I was done with the Steam sale, I took another look through what was on offer, tried out a few demos and ended up buying this lot yesterday:

Ghost Master (€2.50)
This looked like it might be an interesting strategy game when it popped up on GOG a while ago, but for $9.99 I wasn't ready to take the plunge. After reading up on it a bit more, I thought it'd be worth a look for €2.50. It's downloading at the moment, so I guess I'll find out soon enough.

Reaxxion (€0.99)
A really nice Breakout clone. One of the interesting aspects of the gameplay is the ability to collect molten metal dropped out of some of blocks once they're broken. Collecting it adds to a reservoir of the stuff on your bat, making it wider. Once you have enough metal in reserve you can generate more balls at will. It's a dynamic that works well as safety net, preventing the loss of a life when all the balls in play have whizzed past you.

So far, it's been really enjoyable. It looks great and there are a ton of levels on offer. Worth full price, I'd say and a steal for 99 cents.

Bejeweled Deluxe (€0.99)
You may have heard of this one. :) I wasn't sure about whether to get it or not. It really didn't click with me right away, but after spending a bit of time with the demo I started to get a bit more into it and decided to pick it up.

Heavy Weapon Deluxe (€0.99)
A fun little arcade game where you blow up aircraft with a tank. How can you go wrong with that?

Luxor 2 (€0.99)
This one's quite similar to Puzzle Bobble/Bust a Move, but with a moving set balls to make disappear. The demo had me hooked instantly, so this one was a no-brainer.

A nice set of games for €6.45, I think. I'm kind of glad the sale's ending tomorrow though. I've got a gaming backlog as long as both arms at this stage. :D

No comments: