Wednesday, March 17, 2010

A St. Patrick's Day Gift for You from JiliK

the front

It's St. Patrick's Day apparently, which makes it the perfect time to post this old home-made card I found again last summer. I drew it in school one day while I was bored in 1996. I'm not really sure why though, I was never that big on the occasion and you can't get me far away enough from parades, Irish music and the like. I usually just lay low today so they pack me off to wherever those non-existent snakes are hanging out now.

and the inside

It's also ten years ago today since I unleashed my first web site on the unsuspecting internet. I had only been hooked up to it about a week earlier, but for some reason, I desperately wanted to have a web site and I set St. Patrick's Day as the day of the grand launch. I worked on it night after night that week with Microsoft Publisher and sometime after 1AM or 2AM on the 18th March, it was finally up.

The end result was a gloriously awful-looking site, full of idiotic, poorly-spelled opinions written by a know-it-all teenager. I really wish I had a copy to post, but it's all gone now, which makes all the nights I spent slaving over it seem like even more of a waste of time. :D

Anyway, happy St. Patrick's Day. I guess. :D

No comments: