Sunday, March 13, 2011

Christmas Snacks 2010

Ah, Mid-March, what better time to review some of last year's Christmas-themed snack foods. (Festering in a reduced to clear bin near you now!). Just like Halloween, I'm rating everything on the internationally-recognised, five-point Screaming Torres scale. Let's begin!

Believe it or not, this amazing Photoshop took only minutes to complete.

Pringles Pigs in Blankets

A peppery, bacon-flavoured crisp, with a hint of sausage buried pretty deep down - not terribly well balanced, but tasty nonetheless. I'll give these a festive, four out of five.

/5

Pringles Roast Turkey

These taste far more like chicken than turkey to me, with dash of herbs and a hint of garlic. Not bad, not great either, I'll give these a three out of five.

/5

A Snow Bite, plus full and dissected Mistletoe Kisses


Cadbury Snow Bites

Round balls of chocolate surrounded by a crisp shell and dusted with powdered sugar. I really like the look of these and I'll take Cadbury's chocolate over that of Smarties or M&M's any day, but the harder shell, and the larger size of these makes it harder to chomp through handfuls of them at once in the same satisfying manner as the aforementioned candies. I'll give these a three out of five.

/5

Galaxy Mistletoe Kisses
A caramel/truffle combo covered in Galaxy chocolate. Rich, delicious and definitely the pick of the bunch here, I'm giving these a very merry five out of five.

/5

Cadbury Wishes

A truffle-filled chocolate star. Good, but not terribly exciting, I'm giving this a three out of five.

/5

No comments: