Friday, October 24, 2008

Bargin Hunting 23/10/08

GameStop Buys 23/10/08

I went into GameStop yesterday for a quick rummage around the used PS2 games. It may be predominantly made up of old sports games games now, but there's still a gem or two to uncover if you look around for long enough. I managed to grab the copy of Final Fantasy XII that I've had my eye on for a while for €14.99, as well as picking up Jak & Daxter for €3.99.

Seeing as I'm working on FFX-2 on an on/off basis at the moment, FF XII is going right on my backlog. I've been playing Jak & Daxter a bit though. So far, it looks to be a nice, solid platformer. The graphics still hold up well IMO, but I'm a bit let down by the music.

For me, the music in a platformer needs to be a big, bold expression of fun. What I've heard so far in J&D is a couple of inconsequential, almost ambient tunes. It's a little disappointing, but it's not going to put me off too much. I guess I'm just going to have to hum some tracks from Super Mario Galaxy while I play. :)

No comments: