Friday, November 28, 2008

Cooking: The Ultimate Brownie

Brownie

I saw some one making brownies on TV the other week. It looked fairly straightforward, so I decided to give it a go. A quick search on Google for a recipe threw up one for The Ultimate Brownie. Straight away I knew there could be no other even worth considering and I set about conjuring up this confection of the Gods.

It turns out the recipe was a bit too ultimate for the crappy mixer I was using. As soon as I added a second helping of flour to the mix, I had to shut if off after it coughed out a puff of smoke. With another one having exploded last Christmas, it's not been the best year for kitchen appliances. :D

Having recovered from all that, I was able to kick back and enjoy one of the brownies and it was pretty awesome. Rich and chocolatey with a nice fudgey texture, I should have known that it would come at a price. I'll miss you Sir Mixalot (the mixer..., not the butt guy).

No comments: